France is a beautiful country. The scenic beauty and the amazing summer weather attract tourists from all parts of the world. But there is a majestic side of this country that comes out during the winters. Here are some points, which will strengthen your desire to visit France during the winters.
- To start with, most of the airline companies offer amazing discounts during the festive seasons. As the air fare booking costs drop in the winters, so does the hotel charges. It is a double advantage for the vacationers.
- Shopping is an integral part of celebrating the Christmas and the New Year. France is known for being the land of all things beautiful. Shopaholics will have a blast in the special winter markets in the country.
- If you desire to dine like the affluent, then winter is the best season to visit France. When the temperatures dip, the truffles mature and are ready for harvest. Most resorts have their own truffle gardens, where guests can take part in truffle hunting.
- If you have an adventurous side, then French Alps is the place for you to be. These snow covered mountains provide some of the best skiing spots in the world. Thousands of ski enthusiasts come to these skiing spots to win over their fears.
- If you are scared of heights, but have a sporty side that you will like to explore, then it is best to visit France during winter months. Ice hockey is another popular sport in this part of the country. You can opt for a crash course if you are a novice.
- There is nothing more relaxing than taking a dip in hot water during the winters. What is the water in the pool has several minerals? The number of hot aqua spas is rather high in France. You can counter the cold weather with a dip in these warm water spas. It is another attraction that draws people from all parts of the world.
- France has a rich culture and colorful heritage. The best way to discover that is to take part in the several festivals, which take place in the winters. Nouveau Beaujolais, Avignon, and wine festivals in all popular areas draw vacationers to this nation.
- If you want to experience cold nights with balmy day time temperatures, then the Mediterranean climate is ideal for you. All you need is a light jacket in during the day time, when you step out of the hotel to experience the colors and French ambience. At night, you can enjoy your hot coco, in front of the fire place.
- Many shops arrange winter sale, keeping the influx of tourists in mind. You can even bargain to get something at a price that fits your budget.
- This trip can make your dreams of living like a celebrity come true. The numerous resorts offer your luxuries at affordable prices.
Apart from these reasons, France becomes a paradise for pastry and cake lovers during the winters. You can also indulge in wine and cheese tasting, in case you are staying in a resort that is located in the plains.