If you associate France with only love, then you are wrong. Apart from the amazing art, architecture, food and fashion, France is also known for the beautiful beaches that will give you a unique feel. If you are traveling to France this summer, make sure you check out the top ten beaches, which have been highlighted, in reversed chronological order.
10) Plage de l’Espiguette – Coming in at number ten is the Plage de l’Espiguette. The beach is located at the southern end of the quiet town of Montpellier. When the sun comes out, you will see people basking in the rays and getting a gorgeous tan.
9) Rocappina Plage – If you are in Corsica, paying a visit to the Rocappina Plage beach is a must. Apart from the lovely and warm people in the area, you will be able to get a taste of authentic French dishes in the string of cafes bordering the beach.
8) Plage d’Hendaye – If you want to ride the waves in style then this is the beach that you’ve got to check out. With blue waters and clean, soft sands, this popular beach in Basque country is the destination for youngsters seeking adventure. As the beach is not very crowded, it is the perfect place for honeymooners.
7) Plage de la Paloma – This beach can be safely termed as the gem on the coast of French Riviera. This unique spot is nestled along the Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat peninsula. The dark color of the rocks creates a perfect contrast with the light blue colored waters. The beach is very popular among the affluent society. Celebrities are often spotted relaxing on the beach. If you have extra cash to spare, there are some amazing eateries and luxurious hotels in the nearby areas. The area is so popular among the celebs because the beach is secluded and away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
6) Plage Châtelaillon – Located close to the La Rochelle, the Plage Châtelaillon beach is very popular among the tourists. It is the perfect place for those of you who are looking for a quiet relaxing time by yourself or with your partner. It is the reason why the beach is often visited by newlywed couples and solo travelers. The simplicity and relaxed ambiance makes it a must visit spot in France.
5) Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer – If you are looking for an energetic crowd, then this is the beach that you need to visit. The soft off-white colored sand will give you a feeling of walking on flower petals. The beach is well-known for being a family spot. You will see children making sand castles or playing with a ball. The teenagers and youngsters are often seen hanging out with their friends or enjoying beach volley. Overall, the atmosphere is charged up and lively.
4) Plage de Saleccia – Another popular seaside spot in Corsica, known for its calm beauty and serenity is the Plage de Saleccia. The coastline has a slightly arched shape and is lined with beautiful trees. Here too, you will get to tread upon soft white sand that is the trademark of the Mediterranean lands. The beach stretches for half a mile and you will be able to indulge in many watersports as well.
3) Plage de Pampelonne – Most people are unaware of the presence of this beach. It is located in the exotic area of Saint Tropez. The place also has a number of posh resorts. As the beach is known to very few tourists, most celebs can get a gorgeous tan without being bothered by the photographers. If you have the cash, the resorts will make arrangements for you to dine out in the open as well, right in the heart of the beach.
2) Palombaggia Beach – This gem too is located in Corsica. It is set in Porto Vecchio. The beach looks like a scene from the Hollywood movies. The rich dark blue water and the soft sand send out an invitation to tourists to enjoy themselves. The beach has many cafes nearby for satisfying your taste buds.
1) Côte des Basques – Coming in at the first position, is the breathtaking Côte des Basques at Biarritz. The heavenly beauty and the magnificence of the beach can hardly be explained in words. Just land on the beach and its hypnotic beauty will make you forget your stress. Surrender yourself into the hands of nature and enjoy the scenic marvel from dusk to dawn. If you are into surfing, then the waves will assist you in quenching your thirst for adventure. The confluence of the impressive mountains and the ocean creates the perfect photographic moments.
So, this list might not contain your favorite beach. But make sure that you have visited these beaches when in France to enjoy the best of both the worlds.