You are buying a French property and would like to open a French bank account but don’t know how to proceed:What documents are required? Who to contact? Don’t worry we are here to help you.
First, opening a French bank account is cheap, costing around 30 Euros per year, and offers various advantages. If you open a bank account in France you will be able to get a French mortgage, and pay and withdraw in France free of charge.
To open a French bank account the required documents are:
– A copy of your passports
– Your last two payslips
– A utility bill less than 3 months old
– A marriage certificate (if you are married)
– Your P60
– The reservation contract for the property you are buying in France.
Then, you also need to fill in a form in order to provide some information about yourself (name, address, telephone number, salary…) and choose what account(s) you want to open:
– Individual or joint account
– Savings account
– Securities account
Moreover, thanks to this form you can choose between several options:
– Card Visa or Visa Premier (with a minimum income of 3000€/month); immediate or deferred debit card.
– Internet guarantee
– Free chequebook included or not/ standard or portfolio size
– Paper bank statements or online bank statements
– Card/ key / paper insurance
– Account insurance